TONI'S AMBLE THRU' LIFE

Monday, November 15, 2010

O the joys of a Monday, especially after a relaxing weekend, highly intent on doing everything and accomplishing so little. Still the good news is that my latest iMovie trailer is up on my YouTube channel and can be found to the right of this magnificent blog of nothingness.

Whilst I take little pleasure in proclaiming myself as the originator of such trailers, the content is mine which makes it half original. And if you can pull yourself away from whatever you're doing and spend a couple of minutes watching them, leave comments, rate and subscribe to the channel I'd appreciate it; it's always nice to hear what others think of the work you do.

Of course, having now done the trailer for 'Penguin Amore!' I'm working on the actual film and ran up against my ambitious nature yesterday. I've no doubts lurking around the deepest recesses of my dark imagination, dying to be freed from the straightjacket it's enrobed by, there's a Hitchcockian weirdo desperately seeking a way to come up for air. Since I started using my 'professional' editing program, Final Cut Express 4, or FCE4, my tendency is to run faster than I can crawl. Which is a little frustrating at times, but the saving grace is YouTube.

It makes you wonder, doesn't it, how we managed to survive without YT only five years ago. The same could be said of Skype, although in the case of Skype this seems to be on the move away from being 'free' towards some kind of payment system. Skype have released their Skype 5 in beta and have offered it for a free trial period, which means that charges will apply once it goes 'live'. I love Skype for many reasons and have always found it superior to the vast majority of personal web 'conferencing' programmes that get attached to MSN, Yahoo; AOL etc. But the Internet and the vast number of incredibly selfless individuals making software for us to use, will no doubt ensure that the 'distribution of wealth' and services will carry on regardless and eventually Skype will go the way as others have done before them. In anticipation of that sad day, you might want to check out this site 'MeBeam'. It's similar to Skype in the kind of web 'conferencing' service it provides, but at the moment is a far more basic version and doesn't offer the same level of integration that Skype does.

Finally, every Monday deserves a bit of good news and I'm pleased to see that from a slow start both my books combined have surpassed the 100 in downloads and sales. To those that have contributed to this 'success' I thank you. To those who have yet to 'discover' me the links to where you can download and buy the books are on the righthand side.

Have a good week, and try to remember that no matter how much life annoys you, smile!

No comments: