TONI'S AMBLE THRU' LIFE

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Obama 1...Toni 1....a happy draw!

I realise that it's been a while since my last blog entry, 2 March, and I apologise to my long suffering, but loyal, readers for my absence.  The reason for my absence is due to illness, that and having a brain which turned into a watery mess of epic proportions, and which couldn't, for love or money, string a sentence together longer than two words and which included 'idiot'.  To some this may well indicate that I've finally become coherently fluent in my use of the English language; to others it may well confirm I've finally gone gaga.

The good news today is that the USA has finally got over itself and President Obama has succeeded in getting through his health reforms.  It has always struck as somewhat perverse that the richest country on earth, until now, never had universal health care.  Maybe that's due to my never having to go without health care when I needed it and at virtually no cost.  Of course you can argue that state run health services are deficient in one way or another, but as decent, affordable health care is a basic need I can't agree that it should be denied to those who need it simply because they don't have the necessary health insurance, or because that health insurance is cancelled due to reasons of cost.  Anyway, congratulations President Obama and all those voted for the health care reforms.

On a much happier note, despite the drastic need for sleep having been up until 3am the past few nights, I've almost completed all the preparations I need to make for publishing my book, 'Nick & Jenny'.  At the moment it will only be published in ebook form, and hopefully in time it will be published in print form.  When it's published details will be given as soon as I have them so you can get your copy.  I will also give details about the cost of the ebook then; as for the price of the ebook itself, I'm trying to keep the cost as low as possible but this depends on the publisher.

In a way, once published, the book fulfills a lifelong dream I've always had, but until now never thought for one moment it could ever happen.  Will this be my one and only book?  No, there are further manuscripts waiting for the final draft to be completed.  As for the future direction of my writing, I would hope it never gets stuck in one sort of genre, and that if my writing apprenticeship has taught me anything over the last decade, it is I'll write whatever concerns me at the time.

There I'll leave it as it's getting late again, and I must be getting tired as the Beatles are sounding good on the radio.  Have fun whatever you're doing when you read this.  And keep smiling...unless you want to lose weight, in which case frowning and being miserable burns more calories.

No comments: