TONI'S AMBLE THRU' LIFE

Friday, October 8, 2010

Toni's wieldying a massive axe!

Back in the real world I'm having a break from all the joys of having endless social media sites, and trying to streamline my sad tendency for having far too many. I'm not being greedy and in a desperate need to be loved and liked, rather each one that I've collected, joined, and endured has been done in response to some quirky desire to believe it was important to 'belong'.  Be that as it may, Tone's thinking of swinging a very sharp axe to slimming down the never ending line of sites; I spend far too much time tending to each one's little reason for being cheerful.

Yes, I'm prevaricating and umming & arring about swinging said axe, loyalty is another cross to bear, but it has to be done, better a sharp edge to the blade than a dull one that simply tears away little chunks a bit at a time. What brought this on was a request from someone that I once upon a time knew, who decided to get in touch after an absence of 12 years. I know some out there would think that was lovely, long lost nomad wandering back into civilisation checking if the old black book still contained people who hadn't died in the intervening years, no I'm still breathing and the last time I looked very much alive from the neck upwards.

Now perhaps I'm an hopeless romantic, but it would seem that if you've bothered to answer the aforesaid request, then they would at least respond with a short message expressing their delight you've managed to survive the worst the world can throw at you during their time spent in the wilderness riding a camel across several sand dunes. But nothing, it's as though they are completely gobsmacked to discover you haven't actually died. There's no pleasing some people!

Of course, this brings me back to the matter of becoming the future butcher of social media, and which gets priority and which must go and it's difficult but not an insurmountable problem. Oh well, if nobody leaves a comment I guess they won't mind being left off future Xmas lists!

No comments: