TONI'S AMBLE THRU' LIFE

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm GIMPing this week!

Having now almost recovered from a cronky back, it only complains bitterly when I do the food shopping, which is as good an excuse to follow a diet as I can come up, I'm back to exercising the body dubious. If nothing else I'll be the body beautiful by the time it's too late. Although I will say, being an Englishman, it's quite a novelty prancing around in the birthday suit, I never knew there was so much freedom to be had! in terms of political ideology I still haven't worked out yet whether I'm swinging to the left, the right or happier being in the centre; Oh well!

Enough of this drivel, he says dribbling down his chin. I'm still in a state of suspended animation as to where I should be taking this blog. As it's been some time, for which I'm getting as tired as you with me rabbiting on about nothing in particular; unless something's got my back up, or put it out as the case may be. I'm still toying with ideas, but no further forward in coming to a decision. I'll admit I'm being indecisive, not much helped by contemplating whether taking a long run off a short bridge will help my lack of manhood.

But I do feel a change in direction is required. Happily for me my creative urges are beginning to thrust to the fore and I've just discovered that GIMP can do far more than my undeveloped brain can cope with. GIMP is an advanced image manipulation program that can do the normal editing things we all do when playing around with digital photos we've put on our computer hard drives. But yesterday I discovered I can do the same kind of things I do as a matter of course when editing with Final Cut Express and laying images, still or moving, on top of each other. Best of all GIMP is free, yes I've linked to the website again, just in case you missed it the first time; nice to know you're not paying too much attention to a raving old git.

I've no idea how GIMP fares against programs such as Photoshop (Adobe) and Aperture (Apple), I've not used either, but they cost a bucketful of bucks although reading lots of homework, yes I'm also a boring old git who's gone geeky, GIMP is on a par or better than either of them. I really don't know which is the best, but as GIMP IS FREE and it does me, that's about as good a recommendation as it gets! Sadly the two photos I manipulated yesterday involved friends so are not for public consumption, but I'll continue to play and see what I can do.

If anyone reading this, I live in eternal hope being born an optimist, would like me to combine 2 photos together e.g. you in front of a building, scenery, landscape etc, or combine two elements together, please send them to 'englishsupport.de@googlemail.com': there will be no charge it's practice for me. Please send only JPEG images, along with a short description of what you're looking for in terms of a finished photo.

However, to gain access to this potentially excellent offer you will have to subscribe to this blog, and follow me; carrot and stick might work. And if you haven't spent a few moments watching my first short film, why not? I've had some excellent feedback about it from those who've watched it, Thank you and you know who you are! Don't forget to leave your comments!

No comments: