TONI'S AMBLE THRU' LIFE

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a lovely chilly morning.

Having gone to bed at 3.30am, I awoke at 6; this was no doubt caused by the very weird, but enjoyable, dream I was having about Patsy Cline who was performing on a very large stage across the way from me. She was singing 'Sorry', which in the cold light of day I've no idea if that's the title of the song...ok...I know I could lazily move the mouse up to the Wiki search box, but I'm not very motivated this morning, sorry. Anyway, why I was thinking about Patsy Cline I've no idea as Country & Western music is probably bottom of my eclectic music tastes, nevertheless, thinking of her I was even though she'd be the last one I'd be dreaming of.

Getting out of bed at 6, after being very cosily and snugly swaddled in the continental quilt, the windows being open and sleeping in the altogether, the blast of freezing air hit me with enough force to repel an army of drunken ants, who'd been out on the forest floor imbibing copious amounts of cherry juice; although the thought of hooligan ants, staggering around on 6 legs, bumping into each and everything has nothing to do with the dream about Patsy Cline. The shock woke me from my normal muddled headed state, which in turn caused me to head for the loo, some 12ft away from the bedroom. Reaching the bathroom I was further greeted by Jack Frost's half brother, who mockingly laughed at my nakedness, and in that fine myth taking way of being the butt of someone's cruel merriment I turned into an hermaphrodite, asexual, undignified by the attainment of 2 splendid rock-hard nipples and the disappearance of everything below the equator.

Am I to blame the delightful Patsy, who woke me in the first place, or should I blame myself for leaving the windows open now the earth's had enough and turned its back on the developed world and headed to warmer climes in the south? I've no idea, all I do know is that whilst it's nice to go to bed when all around you have long been tucked up in bed, it's not so nice to accept that the chilly autumn air has a far more sobering truth to pass on; I'm getting older, less able to do without sleep, and whatever I believed to be naturally magnificent was, in fact, self delusional.

Now that could explain why Patsy was warbling 'Sorry'.

No comments: