TONI'S AMBLE THRU' LIFE

Saturday, October 31, 2009

The sadness of a twittering twat!

There are a million individuals following Stephen Fry on Twitter, a man lovingly referred to as a 'national treasure' in Britain.  Such an accolade, no matter how much he may humbly deny it, is well deserved, and with very good reason.

In a world that has become largely selfish and self-centred, where a culture of greed persists, Stephen Fry's talent, technological curiosity, and refusal to take himself seriously, in addition to moving us off our arses to rise up in bloody annoyance at ignorant journalists and the shenanigans of dubious corporate activity, makes him unusual in many ways.

I have a following relationship with Stephen Fry, in that I follow his tweets.  Sometimes I will respond to a comment he has made.  Recently when he visited Nuremberg, Germany I twittered him and suggested he visit my favourite restruarant.  At no time during my following of Stephen Fry, has he responded or replied to anything I may have commented on or suggested to him; nor for that matter have I expected him to.

I am filled with horror that Stephen, a kindly soul, generous with the limited time available to him, keeps us delightfully amused with his 140 characters.  And yet he finds himself attacked by a moronic twitter accusing him of being boring.  This is completely outrageous and the individual responsible for uttering such banal profanities should be strung up by the balls, hung like a dead rat, and drowned in a bucket of foul smelling baby's diapers.

To Stephen I would say this: the world rejoices in you being there, because of who you are.  To abandon twitter because of some mealy mouthed jackass, who possesses less brain cells than an amoeba, simply gives the cretin his undeserved 15 minutes of infamy.

Please stay with those that care, and who enormously enjoy your company.

1 comment:

Ludovica said...

Stephen Fry IS a national Treasure.. Hes funny and smart and represents a lot of the things about my country that I AM proud of and none of the things I am ashamed of. This lovely man suffers, as I have also from a depressive illness and bears it with a really inspirational grace that makes me as a fellow sufferer feel that the world is not so bad after all. It is more difficult than the average joe nobody can understand how hard it is for people in the public eye to deal with criticism and negativity, We do not have to worry what the newspapers may say, what sneering journalists might twist our words into when we righteously try to defend ourselves.Those on Twitter who do actually talk to people run the risk everyday of unpleasantness from spiteful and envious bystanders. I just hope that Stephen will come to understand just how much he is loved and appreciated by those who enjoy his humanity, his wit and humour and can smile and turn away the sting of less developed personalities than himself